Sunday, January 29, 2006

A Day at the Races - Pinewood Derby Style -2005



Saturday, March 05, 2005

A Day at the Races
Youngest son, Will and my oldest grandson, Dom are in Cub Scouts. Dom is a Tiger Cub in NY and Will is a Webelos. Will won the Pack Pinewood Derby a few weeks ago and today was the District race. Dom and Adam are now making their car for their races coming up soonI hope they have fun making their car. Dom's mom asked me for some tips for Adam and Dominic. She really asked me the time; and I sent her info on how to build a watch !!(probably told her more than she wanted to know). Anyway, It was WAY COOL for G-pop (that's me) to be involved with Adam and Dom this way.We do have some tried and true tips that really help. I hope to post some pictures of Wills' trophies. He placed First in his division and 3rd in the Pack Championships. Today he placed 2nd in the District. He had the track record of 2.800 seconds. After four runs down the track his cumulative time was a 11.33 seconds for an AVG. of 2.832 seconds. Pretty good. !! His car was named "The Patriot".Watch for photos to be posted on http://www.jeanniessoaps.co/ under > About Us > and Pinewood Derby 2005.I can't wait to hear about Dom and his derby car.
posted by Michael Allen -MRAGLENBROOK at 11:32 PM 0 comments

No comments: